Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands right up in the air. I guess we've all had that sentiment at some point. But that simple gesture has changed it's shape over the years for me. The context has altered completely. As a youngster that would have been a serious display of uninhibited joy, maybe in a club, or at a gig. Recognised anywhere, just like the VISA card symbol.

Put a distance of twenty years or more between than and now, and it's all change. The message is different; I'm signalling pain (exasperation really). My grumpy nerve endings have been slapped and this is all I can do. There's nothing else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No more "serious display of uninhibited joy"?

Archimedes Principle said...

Only when I'm alone in my flat then it's go, go, go!