Monday, December 03, 2007

A change is gonna come or how unbroken sunshine, great people and novel experiences can turn a man's head. I started my tour of SE Asia writing this to a friend:-

"I think ... the long distance travelling bug to places where there is an elevated risk of malaria is waning; I'm a middle aged wannabe man of letters who wants fresh coffee in his milk and guaranteed provenance where his food came from (good homes, organically reared, fed on clotted cream, then humanely dispatched), not the choice of fresh or smoked squirrel, or a dozen bear paws marinating in a gallon tank of homemade rice wine I saw in Laos a couple of weeks ago. You know I'll defend to the death the rights of local artisans and their local delicacies, there are some points, however, that I feel I have reached.

Three weeks later I sent this to another friend:-

"It is stupendous. SE Asia is dreamlike. The quality of light and the intensity of the colours - yellows sharper than any yellow I've ever seen, greens deeper than any green, silky blackness, blues to make your eyes water - is simply blowing my mind. I'm stunned by it all".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.