Sunday, October 29, 2006

The rule of thumb is that one year working in the internet business is roughly equivalent to ten human years. Don't ask where that statistic came from. Not out of an actuarial table that's for sure. Exaggeration? I'll leave that to you to decide. No, that's simply just how it seems some days. My bones creak, my eyes ache, my ears ring, my fingers, mere stumps, why not? After all, I've got six years under my belt already.

There are times when I feel a kinship with those aged, venerable and gnarled Galapagos Turtles, clambering slowly through the raucous surf before resting immobile on the beach; emblems from a time before recorded time. All around them people stand in awe, thinking, wondering, why if only these vastly old creatures could talk, then what stories they must have. Indeed, what stories we have. But we're mute sadly, or it could be we simply are n't fluent in the right language, so no one hears our stories, our cautions. And it's the past that get's repeated. The past mistakes, by the way.

No comments: