Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The homeowner's Blues is the mortgage, it's always the mortgage. I'm starting to wonder about another - just how secure a place is it: your nest egg, your home, the space you merely sleep in, call it what you will. However you view it, don't you need the sense of emotional security as much as that of it being physical secure? You see, I've got a funny feeling someone is living in the communal parts of the block of flats that I live in, or has at least a key to the front door. I'm basing this on some very thin evidence, it really is. Just it's this feeling.

Here goes. Some weeks ago, I came home very late at night and found a coat hanging on the banister. Then last week, the front door was wide open one evening. Tonight there was someone I've never seen before just standing in the corridor. Unfortunately this is where I get judgmental, and I know I should n't, but this guy did n't look like a typical resident. And what do they look like, God that's too fraught a question to even start to consider. Feelings can be problems.

It's not just the blues, there's something else I have to reconcile: my social conscience, if it turns out my "feeling" is actually true, with another side of me - the homeowner, what will I do if this is the case? Incipient liberal guilt.

Of course this is more than likely me creating a "grassy knoll" theory. Yoking together random coincidences into a structure they don't merit. Hope so

No comments: