Monday, June 02, 2008

What have I got that Women welcome ? Yeah, I got a little something hidden away. It's true, I do. A bit of an Ace tucked up my sleeve. Does the business apparently, reaches those parts other men can't, or so I've had enthusiastically whispered in my ear.

My strong point? Putting the toilet seat down? No, have always done that. Know how to load the dishwasher on, switch it on, and unload? Instinctive, do it all the time. Can make a bed? Of course. No, I got something unusual, rare even.

I have patience. I can wait.

Let me explain. This is n't waiting for something to happen, this is waiting for someone to turn up. You know as a fully paid up, right on Guardianista, I don't aim - ever - to play the lazy game of gender stereotypes. Still...I've noticed something. Maybe it says more about how women view me, as the dependable puppy dog forever on his hind legs, looking upwards wide-eyed whatever the weather. He'll be there. I'll be there,

There's no self-pity intended here, by the way. It's that I'm good at waiting and every woman I know is habitually late. Chronically. Perhaps it's the type of woman I know. Inevitably ten minutes before any kind of rendezvous, there'll be a text message:"Sorry running late...be there in about an hour...do you mind ?...you're sure ?..." I could arrive later than the time we've agreed to meet and still be early.

I'm all terrain as well: shoe-shop, I can wait, got a serene look on my face; clothes-shop, same thing; the long mobile phone call with one of your girlfriends you spent most of the day with and only left twenty minutes ago, Zen-like detachment on my beano.

Not complaining. You're worth the wait...but just once or twice can you make it on time?

No comments: