Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I'm a man with a shopping gene..and it's been firing on all cylinders since last Thursday.

I've been to the Westfield shopping mega-mall on four consecutive days - simply entranced, bewildered, stunned by it. Massive. A spectacle. Eye-popping, jaw dropping, and it's just so close. Five to ten minutes by foot depending on traffic conditions from where I live

But today, I can say confidently " ...spell broken...". I've not been there during the last twenty four hours. Self-discipline or poverty, either, or both. Who cares.

I know something else: Westfield deserves a chronicler. Like an official artist who follows armies, Westfield needs a Chaucer, someone to record the first unexpected birth, the first credit card induced heart attack: I'd say the first shoplifter caught, but that's already happened. Three hours open and some someone tries to lift a scarf. Of all the places to choose....a place teeming with police and store security....how bright...

No comments: