Monday, May 04, 2009

I had a sudden vision this morning of what my life might look like should I lose my job. Almost as if a curtain had been pulled open for just a few seconds, there it was, an image of me idling away long hours over the Guardian quick crossword in Shepherds Bush Costa Coffee. I habituate too easily to any situation and I could see myself making this a routine, but only if...

Costa Coffee should give me some sort of semi-recognition for loyalty; Shepherds Bush this morning, then their Hammersmith outlet late afternoon, where I had another unfamiliar experience. Busily scribbling away in a corner, sat a middle-aged woman, who in the pauses between writing seemed to be avidly scanning the other customers including me. For what, obviously remains a mystery. Inspiration ? Insight ? Jury's entirely open.

No comments: