Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"There's nothing wrong with me loving you...giving yourself to me can never be wrong...don't you know how sweet and wonderful life can be....get it on with me....I ain't gonna worry...let's get it on..."

Slow down, slow down, it's not me being heartsick and taking to the blogosphere to croon about doomed love. But I heard this epic Marvin Gaye song on music on hold before a conference call started, and damn it, I can't shift it. Lodged like a piece of food stuck between those difficult to reach back teeth.

Not complaining. I have a lot of time for Marvin, but at some point I need to lose this tune. It's all that's playing right now and I need a little bit of free time to think without distraction.

Pleasurable as it may be to have a slice of smooth Soul echoing in the often empty chambers of my mind, I do have things to attend to such as the hacking cough I've had for over a week. That has to cease and desist pretty quickly. For my sake, my neighbours, my work mates and those other innocents that I must have driven to despair sat next to on numerous tubes. Don't blame me, it's my bronchials you need to shout at.

"How (truly) sweet and wonderful life will be..." once this cough has exited stage left. My days as sounding like a mis-firing Harley Davison are done. Gimme my voice back.