Saturday, August 29, 2009

Twitter is something I dabble in, a comment here, a comment there, see what other's are up to, that's about the nub of it.

What can't be ignored is the discernible frenzy to actually go on. Join or feel left out. The music finishes and you're the last person standing not on twitter. Not easy to resist in this peer pressurised world.

I'm a fence-sitter. Never made any bones about this. Therefore I sense there's a purpose, perhaps multiple, but I can't see the shape of any of them forming out of the fog just yet.

So I understand why a lot of people don't see any reason either: they never join in the first place; tweet for a short time then don't return (Twitter must be full of orphan tweets); or simply pull the shutters down on the whole thing and close their account.

Someone I know did that recently, deleted their three day old twitter feed and fell back into the arms of their long time social network beloved - facebook, saying on - where else- that "I felt like I was cheating on a wonderful woman with a deranged little slut".

I've never thought of it like that, but it's as good as simile as you going to get it, assuming your twittering days are coming to a close.

No comments: