Friday, October 16, 2009

I read once that the early Portuguese and Spanish explorers knew when they were nearing new worlds when they saw vegetation drift past their ships, or picked up the scent of mysterious places still over the horizon.

This is very much how it is for me now. The tiller on my job has been turned and I'm steering into uncharted territory, and it is n't remnants of exotic flora that's sweeping by, no it's strange terms like "folksonomy", "tag clouds", "hive minds", and "peer to peer social networks".

These words are like catnip to me. I know that the world of social media which is where these concepts live is n't flat and there's no edge to sail over, but that's it. That's all I know. An unknown world out there, be fascinating to find out what it's shape and size is

No comments: