Thursday, June 09, 2011

Plenty of late nights this week getting home late from various things: yesterday the baffling, yet compelling in meditative way, Italian film, Le Quattro Volte, that focused on the mundane and routine in a small Calabrian town, but transformed for me at least the art of charcoal making into something fascinating; then this evening an avant garde music concert, a soundscape as it was termed, and it was, a melange of indecipherable voices, running water, bird song and off time percussion, which took place in Covent Garden's Swiss Church.

So I've had my cultural vitamins this week along with this booster I found in a BBC online article on Carl Jung; "The afternoon of life must have a significance of it's own and cannot be merely a pitiful appendage of Life's morning"

I love the pithiness of that statement. Unforgettable and incontrovertible . So why have n't I seen it as a tee shirt slogan then?

No comments: