Friday, August 12, 2011

Maybe I can squeeze a little more time out of my laptop before the battery goes to sleep.

There is something that's sticking in my craw, actually two things: Cameron and Boris Johnson. I think that the former has some chutzpah, brass balls, to claim the Police did nothing during the riots...It's a temerity to assert that, and hope that people think it was him who plugged the dyke by returning home from holiday. Hugh Orde gave that piece of bluster short shrift on yesterday's Newsnight.

Unsurprisingly, he's returned to form and now made a back-tracking statement that the Police did do a good job. Cameron and the U-turn could almost be the title of a Harry Potter novel.

Now the Mayor, Boris Johnson, high profile, but low octane, beautiful description, which I filched from a Guardian columnist earlier this week...he's having to perform real work, make hard decisions. things he's always shyed away from. The comedy flustered persona that he's played shamelessly on, busted open now, it's properly flustered man now. Way out in the deep end. Arms flailing.

Its moot as to whether he'll be re-elected next year. On the balance of this week's events, any snap election would see him bounced out of City Hall, and it would be someone else being photographed with the very important people, and we know Boris adores that; however, given that he's got his own propaganda arm in the shape of various right wing rag you never know.

What I do know is that I'll not be marking X against Johnson. Nope. I want a proper Mayor. A serious Mayor.

No comments: