Thursday, January 03, 2013

I think what someone was trying to accuse me of but without actually saying it this morning was that I was guessing.

Correct. I was. Undeniable.

However the way he said it on the call was so garlanded with choicest cuts of corporate speak that I can even now only (yes, wait for it) guess that's what he was imputing.

There was something in there about me being offline too much, that I needed to dialogue and engage more with the matrix team, otherwise the dials won't change and we'll not achieve glide-path. And should I have really spent so much time boiling the ocean?

I would have pleaded guilty or refuted it all with the energy of someone swinging a long drive down the fairway at St Andrews. But, guy, you left me no real clues. just a tangle of perhaps he meant this, or was it that, or even something at odds with both of those. I don't know. Never will. I did n't understand then, I don't now, so I'm really working just on sense and mood, Like braille but without the raised dots.

Still, I did throw a hot one back, and hopefully just as mystifying, when I retorted that what I'd actually done was "...de-risked the mid point.." No, me too, no idea what it means; or from which neuron it popped up from. Just call it my contribution to the gobbledygook lexicon of corporate jargon

1 comment:

Martin said...

Peter, you should have told him about your 'white box' thinking and that you were having a camomile moment and that he really needed to chillax and not worry about his glide-paths. Seriously, I never understood those things.