Thursday, October 02, 2008

Interesting to listen to other people's experiences with rodents. Squirrels in attics, mice in sofas, and so on. Someone I know who comes from Holland told me about the agility of the canal rats in Amsterdam. Up through the bathroom plumbing. Incredible.

That's the thing, you see. Recent circumstances have forced me - against my will - into conducting a low level counter insurgency campaign against flies and mice. That's never what I wanted to happen.

Writing pieces that subtly advanced the human condition that's what I had in mind, not exactly Montaigne or Pascal, still something that might help and guide in it's own way. But what turned up instead - me sat at my laptop churning out sit reps from the rodent front line. The Plato of Pest Control.

No comments: