Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wonder if I'm going to be the first recorded case of feline flu jumping species. The cat, who's wandering over the keyboard, sneezed at the same time as I did.

To avoid coronary hardening after patiently scoffing a slab of Brie and an oozing Roquefort, I took to the still iron hard footpaths of Chiswick House, skin puckering from the sinking temperature, slipping and sliding, back to the place where I saw yesterday's conclave of very hungry birds, competing for bread balls, or in the case of the Heron, dominating the cocktail sausage field.

A much less cosmopolitan scene this afternoon; mostly, Coots gingerly stepping or occasionally skating across the frozen lake, with a solitrary Mallard at anchor.

In the midst of all this was a Coot wrestling with a loaf of bread at least one and half times it's size. Be like me trying to tuck into a life size bar of chocolate.

No comments: