Friday, August 24, 2007

I've seen my future, well, one of them, after all, it's in the lap of Gods as to exactly what happens, but this one did say: " nice to see you... I think we might be getting acquainted later on.."

This is the vision: fading summer afternoons in Holland Park, playing chess against another elderly grey-haired man, worked in with occasional conversations on what exactly we made of life's great feast. We'll be wearing dun-coloured coats and homburgs, stirring our coffees reflectively. Day after day, chess, coffee and rumination. A vision almost begging for monchrome and a moody soundtrack: I'll be a latter day version of all those Central European exiles I used to see in my early years in London. I actually quite envied them then, time to philosophise, grapple with eternal verities; things I actually like. Still do if I'm honest.

No comments: