Saturday, September 01, 2007

I don't need a thermometer to realise that December and January are cold months. I don't need to watch the weather forecast either. No one has to tell me. I know full well it is. All day today, I've been bumping into people, who by their stature alone, have said this is what we did to stay warm, keep it toasty, in deep, bleak mid-winter. Yes, that's right all day today, September 1 !

Body heat. That's what I've been seeing; every second step along Kensington High Street, round the aisles of Waitrose, deep in the heart of Tesco, in Waterstones, everywhere. Body heat: it's fruits, it's blessed bounty, it's late summer harvest, in front, to the rear, to the sides, all over.

"So...this body heat, then... exactly what is it...how do I know it's there...does it have a shape ?

"Please...it's so easy...how can't you see it...incredible ! "

"Ease off the exhortation and just tell me...."

It's pregnant women...fruitful, blooming women all on the cusp of giving birth..."

Yeah...so....?

So....I have to tell you...? Wake up, think! When it's too cold for the guardsman to come out of the sentry box and even the mercury in the thermometer bulb's shivering...people are fighting the cold the only way they can, going back to nature, getting up close and then...well... do I have to spell it out...?

Yes.

What ! I do? How clueless are you ...They're getting loved up. Getting in close. Snuggling up, what more do I have to say. Think of it like global warming.

No comments: