Sunday, February 08, 2009

I wonder what's going on in my unconsciousness at times.

I've had dreams where I've been bitten by seals; duetted with Natalie Cole, but only after a very tense stand-off with her original duet partner; that one of my friends was an actress on sixty-seven dollars an hour (why that figure? No idea, things obviously work differently in dreamland).

Another where I was in the back garden of a relative's house being hand fed carrots.

Then there was the one where I was dragged on stage by Oasis at the old Wembley Stadium to sing "cum along feel the noize". You can't...you don't...turn the Gallagher brothers down.

And then last night, an extremely vivid dream of me watching a store detective struggling with a shoplifter, who could only be pacified by a right-hander. A beautiful, sweeping right-hander, arcing perfectly from fist drawn back until the point of impact...and in slow motion as well. A slo-mo dream...that's a first for me.

It's busier in my unconscious than it is in my conscious state. Not sure if I should take comfort from that or not.

No comments: