Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oestrogen, we need oestrogen where I work, and we need it now. It's a 10 desk office where I work; first there were two of us there, both male, then on came another two - again male, followed by another pair a little later, and late last week another two guys came wandering in looking for somewhere to sit.

I'm a man, fully Y chromosome, likes chewing the fat about football and all that, but this is the first time I will ever have worked anywhere where it's likely to end up (there are only two more free seats left in this 10 seater office, and how many women want to work in the midst of eight middle aged men...?), exclusively male. It's not for any civilising values that women are reputed to bring - I've worked in some places where toe to toe arguments broke out regularly amongst some women - I just want balance. Ying and Yang; North and South; salt and pepper. See where I'm coming from here. Symmetry, that's what I'm pushing for.

No comments: