Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What's this about France being a place of legendary fertility? They got that wrong whoever it was who came up with that. On my less than analytic assessment, but still useful in it's own way, then it's got to be London. Every corner I turn, every bus I board, every shop I enter, there's a hale, hearty, and very pregnant woman there. Matters have reached such a state that today I found myself silently logging how many I'd said, not voluntarily by the way, it's just that I caught myself thinking that was the fifth I'd seen.

Is it London's air or some baby inducing perfume wafting off the Thames? There has to be something. We must be the most fertile place in Europe. I know I wrote about this last year and the year before that, but I still can't shift the sense of wonder I have about this.

No comments: